So, we know this is a real estate blog and all, but I have this thing about pizza… I mean, I like it, a LOT. My oldest son is the same way. Deep dish, thin crust, wood-fired, fancy, grilled and maybe even frozen in a pinch. While I have lived in Arizona since the early 70’s, I was born in Illinois and have some pretty deep roots and some seriously awesome family and friends in Chi’ Town. About a month ago, I went for a visit to Illinois and was treated to some Lou Malnati’s while I was there.
** Update: The new location for Lou Malnati’s has been announced. They will be coming to First St and Camelback near the light rail line in Phoenix! Grand Opening is scheduled for May 16th, 2016 at 100 East Camelback Road, Phoenix, AZ 85012.
The stuff was really good. As in, I ate a LOT of pizza at my cousin’s rockin’ new house that night.
I was pretty happy to recently hear that Lou Malnati’s Pizza could be coming to Phoenix! With the success that other Chicago area restaurants have had here in the Valley, it seems to make a lot of sense! Heck, I think they should move to Tempe close to the Cubs Stadium!
— Lou Malnati's Pizza (@LouMalnatis) July 28, 2015
For now, it is just a tweet that has been circulating like crazy, but we should hear more good news about Lou Malnati’s Phoenix location by next spring.
It will be even one more reason for my crazy cousins to come out for a visit!
So, if you are thinking of moving from Chicago to Phoenix or thinking of buying a nice place to visit, we are happy to help. We’ll even take you to Lou’s and make you feel right at home!
You like Lou’s? Share, like or tweet this to a friend.
** As of November 3rd, 2015 we hear that the new location for Lou Malnati’s is in Phoenix at:
100 E Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85012
( near Central and Camelback )
The news was listed on the Lou Malnati’s web site and blog where they posted:
They even told us about 5 things we should know about the move to Phoenix!
- We may be expanding out of state, but we’re still a family-owned and operated company. Just because we are heading out west, doesn’t mean we are franchising. In fact…
- Five members of our management team have volunteered to permanently relocate to Arizona. We are committed to providing a true taste of Chicago in Phoenix, and that includes our Chicago team!
- We have gone to great lengths to ensure our pizza will taste just as it does in Chicago – that means bringing core ingredients like our cheese, our tomatoes, and of course our secret dough recipe from Chicago to our new kitchens in Arizona.
- The new Phoenix location will offer dine-in, with capacity to seat 240 people, carry-out, catering, and delivery.
- We know you’re wondering where we’ll go next, but the truth is, we are 100% focused on this location. We want to ensure it is a success before we consider more locations in Arizona or elsewhere.