Introducing RealEstateBlogPro.com ”“ the latest blogventure of yours truly.
Why? Or more accurately to quote my wife, “Why the heck do you need another blog?”
How about, “Why not?”
Actually, believe it or not I honestly put some thought into starting this thing. Thought! Can you believe it?
Here’s my justification. It works in my mind, and maybe a little in Francy’s mind too”¦
- I enjoy writing about the in’s and out’s of real estate blogging.
- Many readers of Phoenix Real Estate Guy could care less about the in’s and out’s of real estate blogging.
- I like to experiment with themes, plug-ins and different ideas and concepts. Experimenting on a live blog that generates revenue is a risky proposition. Trust me, I’ve blown up TPREG on numerous occasions and had to stay up into the wee hours of the morning fixing it. Far better to blow up a less well-read blog.
- I like to share what I’ve learned about real estate blogging and having a central repository for that information seems to make sense.
- I would like to expand the consulting services I provide, so a centralized and focused site seems like a reasonable idea.
Who knows where this thing will go. For now, I’m enjoying working with the new WordPress 3.0 default theme, Twenty-Ten. And I was finally able to install BuddyPress, a built-in “Social Network” ”“ of which I am wholly unimpressed with so far and will probably be removing it soon. SimplePress ”“ a forum plugin for WordPress is also installed, though very sparsely populated at the moment.
Check it out if you get a chance and let me know what you think. If there’s a topic you’d like to see covered, just shout and I’ll add it to the list.
Just don’t hold it against me if the thing up and dies some day. You just never know”¦