This #AskTPREG question came from someone who obviously is not from around here. The question was, what are the winter electric bills like in Phoenix.
While we really worry about our electric bills more in the summer than the winter, there are still some things you can do to help lower your energy costs.
Now, I am assuming you don’t want to buy a new build. New build homes today have much better energy saving features than older houses, but we put together this infographic to provide you some ways to look at winter energy savings.
Now remember many of these tips will help save money with your summer bill also
- Turn the heat down and put on another layer. Or in the summer, turn the AC down and dress cooler.
- Low-flow water heads can help when taking a shower and saving on hot water costs.
- Clean the coils – Pull out that fridge and give the back a good dusting.
- Clean your filters – Be it the furnace filter or the AC filter, make sure you replace it often.
- Caulk the cracks – Look closely at your windows, there is all types of air getting in and out.
- Pull the plug – Do you know an appliance not being used, but plugged in is still pulling electricity.
- Change your bulbs – You are using CFL or LED lights, right?
- Check your doors – At night, go outside with the door closed and a flashlight, have someone on the inside, also in the dark check for light as you shine a light around the doors. Often a sweep will help here.
Phoenix winter energy saving tips infographic
Share this infographic on your site just copy and paste this code:
<p style=”text-align: center;”><img title=”Energy Saving Tips” src=”http://www.phoenixrealestateguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/phoenix-energy-tips.jpg” alt=”phoenix-energy-tips” width=”100%” border=”0″ />
Brought to you by: Phoenix Real Estate Guy <a href=”http://www.phoenixrealestateguy.com/phoenix-winter-energy-saving-tip-infographic”>PhoenixRealEstateGuy.com</a></p>